François Pinault Forbes Net Worth And Biography
François Pinault is a French billionaire businessman, the majority shareholder and honorary chairman of the retail conglomerate Kering, and art collector. Pinault is one of the richest businessmen in the world.
- François Pinault is honorary chairman of luxury group Kering, which owns fashion brands Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen and Gucci,
- Pinault founded Kering, which started as a wood and building materials company, in 1963.
- In 1999, Pinault changed the direction of the business towards luxury goods when he bought a controlling stake in Gucci Group.
- The $15 billion (estimated sales) company, which also owns watch brand Girard-Perregaux, is run by Pinault’s son, François-Henri.
- Pinault and his family own iconic auction house Christie’s, plus a 3,000-piece art collection with works by Picasso, Mondrian and Koons.
- The family gave $109 million to the rebuilding of Notre Dame cathedral following the April 2019 fire.
- Age 84
- Source of Wealth luxury goods, Self Made
- Residence Paris, France
- Citizenship France
- Marital Status Married
- Children 3
- Education Drop Out, High School
François-Henri Pinault Biography
François-Henri Pinault was born on the 28th of May, 1962, in Rennes, France. Pinault is the son to François Pinault and Louise Gautier. He attended the prestigious international business school ‘HEC School of Management,’ located in Paris, France.During his studies, he also did an internship, working as a database-software developer at ‘Hewlett-Packard’ in Paris.
Franois Pinault is tied to some of the biggest names in fashion: Gucci , Alexander McQueen , and Yves Saint Laurent . As the owner of Kering luxury group, his family manages over a dozen high-end brands.
Pinault grew up in the rural French countryside, beginning his career working for his family’s timber business. After establishing his own company in Rennes, he slowly moved into the retail market, before shifting solely to the luxury retail market in 2016.
François Pinault Forbes Net Worth
François Pinault is currently one of the richest man in the world and second richest in France, with an estimated net worth of $44.3 Billion Dollar.