Jay Y. Lee Forbes Net Worth And Biography
Lee Jae-yong, better known as Jay Y. Lee, is a South Korean business magnate and the vice chairman of Samsung, Who has a net worth of $7 billion dollar. He is the eldest child and only son of Hong Ra-hee and Lee Kun-hee, who is the chairman of Samsung.
As of June 2020, Lee net worth is estimated to be $7 billion dollar, making him the fourth wealthiest person in South Korea.
Lee Jae Yong was born in Yongsan District, Seoul, South Korea in June 1969. He is currently 51 years old as of the time of this post, He graduated from Seoul National University, Keio University, and Harvard Business School. Lee Jae Yong is considered to be his father’s successor and serves as the de facto head of Samsung.
Other Facts About Lee Jae Yong Profile
- Jay Y. Lee is the vice chairman of Samsung Electronics and heir to the country’s biggest conglomerate.
- In 2017 he was jailed and charged with bribing a confidante of the now-imprisoned former president, Park Geun-hye, but was released in 2018.
- The verdict noted his role as one of “passive compliance to political power.” He denies any wrongdoing and is appealing the case with the Supreme Court.
- In September 2018 Lee accompanied President Moon on a trip to North Korea as part of a business delegation.
- Lee became Samsung Electronics president in 2010 and was named vice chairman in 2012.
Lee Jae Yong Net Worth
Lee Jae Yong is currently one of the richest and the most powerful men in South Korea, With an estimated net worth of $7 billion dollar as of 2020.