Waje Net Worth And Biography.
Waje Net Worth: Aituaje Iruobe, known professionally as Waje, is a Nigerian singer who has an estimated net worth of $1.7 million dollars.
She was first known in Nigeria Music scene after being featured on the remake of P-Square’s “Omoge Mi”. Waje was also featured on the duo’s 2008 hit track “Do Me”. Moreover, she contributed vocals to Banky W’s “Thief My Kele” and M.I’s “One Naira”.
In 2016, Waje was one of the four judges in the inaugural season of The Voice Nigeria.
Aituaje Iruobe Waje has gain massive attention since the beginning of her musical career, her success in music industry has left most of her fans searching the internet trying to know more about her.
- Name: Aituaje Iruobe
- Known As: Waje
- Age: She is currently 40 years old
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Occupation: R&B Singer, songwriter, and a stage performer
- Marriage: single Mother
- Net Worth: $1.7 million dollars
Aituaje Iruobe best known by her stage name as Waje, is a Nigerian singer who was born September 1, 1980, in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria. She is the first born and the first daughter in her family. She grew up in Benin City ,, following her parent’s relocation. Her parents got divorced when she was young, and she had to overcome the difficulty that accompanied her parent’s separation.
Waje attended the Word of Faith Group of Schools In Benin Where she Obtained her First School Leaving Certificate And her West African Senior School Certificate.
Following how her music career begun, she was a choir member in her church. She sang gospel tunes to the delight of the late Archbishop Benson Idahosa. Idahosa was quite impressed with her singing and decided to help her during her entire secondary school days.
After Completing her secondary school education, Waje later relocated to Nsukka where she attended the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka, earning a degree in social work from the school.
During her time at the University, she performed at school concerts and fellowships. She gain her music inspiration from the likes of Whitney Houston and Aretha Franklin to improve her craft
In January 2019, Waje and Omawumi launched Hermanes Media, a media company that specializes in film and TV production, adverts, content curation, brand event activation, and creative digital marketing.
According to the duo, they founded the production company in order to create solutions and provide innovative and creative ideas for the industry.
In March 2019, Waje revealed her intentions to quit music. She said she was considering quitting because of the lack of support towards her music.
In April 2019, Waje was featured in the Somkele Idhalama-produced movie She Is. She worked with Omawumi to record the movie’s soundtrack.
Nominations Of Waje
- Best New Video at the Nigerian Music Video Awards (Nominee) – 2009
- Nominated at the Dynamix Awards for the Best New Act – 2009
- Best Vocals nominee at the Headies – 2010
- City People Awards nominated Waje as the Best R&B Female – 2011
- Best pop/R&B artist of the year nominee at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards – 2011
- Nominee for Best New Act of the Year at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards – 2011
- Best Vocal Performer Female nominee at the Headies – 2011
- Nominated at the Headies for the Best R&B Single – 2011
- Female Music Art of the Year nominee at the Exquisite Ladies of the Year Award – 2011
- Nominated for the Most Gifted Female Video at the Channel O Music Video Awards – 2011
- Best Contemporary Afro Video nominee at the Nigerian Music Video Awards – 2011
- Best International Act nominee at the Black Canadian Awards – 2014
- W.A.J.E was nominated as the Best World Album at the World Music Awards – 2014
- World Best Live Act nominee at the World Music Awards – 2014
- Nominee for World Best Female Entertainer at the World Music Awards – 2014
- World Music Awards nominated her for the category of the World Best Entertainer – 2014
- At the South-South Awards, Waje bagged the Best Vocal Performance award – 2010
- Best Female Vocalist award at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards – 2011
- Deafa Afro-Europe Entertainment Awards named her as the Best African Act – 2011
- Best Female Vocalist award at the Hip Hop World Awards in 2011
- At the South-South Awards, she was named Best Female Performer in 2012
- I wish in the W.A.J.E ALBUM was named Best Reggae/Dancehall in 2013
- Best Female Artist at the Eloy Awards in 2014
Aituaje Iruobe (Waje) Personal life
Waje is a single mother.
Aituaje Iruobe (Waje) Studio albums
- W.A.J.E (2013)
- Red Velvet (2018)
Waje Net Worth
Waje is currently one of the richest and the most influential artists in Nigeria, With an estimated net worth of $1.7 million Dollars